With roughly 5.6 billion searches on Google every day, it is safe to say that organic traffic is not dead. SEO is still very crucial to maintaining relevance online. According to statistics gathered by Search Engine Journal in 2021, 93% of online experiences begin with a search. At the core of each search is a keyword or a phrase. And with one click, search engine users can access several websites.
There is a lot you can achieve by leveraging this user behavior. One of them is boosting your website traffic. When your website ranks high on search engines, it becomes easier for your target audience to flow into your website. The right SEO practices position your website to gain good traction.
SEO is a long-term marketing strategy. One that could be a constant source of organic traffic to your website for years to come. This article outlines some SEO tips that you should emphasize to make the most out of it.
5 SEO Tips for Boosting Organic Traffic to Your Website
Here are some SEO tips for boosting your website traffic.
1. Create human-centered content
In the earlier stages of SEO, website owners were somewhat obsessed with getting the attention of search engine bots. And for a while, they did.
In those days, the bots were not as smart, unlike today. You could rely heavily on keywords alone to increase your rankings on search results. This led to website owners manipulating the system to boost their ranks. They came up with several practices and did not mind compromising the value and readability of their content. An example was keyword stuffing—the practice of overusing a keyword with hopes of ranking high for that keyword.
But gone are those days. The search engines have evolved and are now all about providing their users with the best possible experience. And that includes providing them with content that is useful and valuable.
You must bear in mind that your target audiences are humans. Not web-crawler bots, not algorithms, Humans. This means you should be creating content that search engine users can understand and find useful. Without this, you’ll get lost in the crowd.
Here are a few tips on how to create human-centered content that boosts organic traffic to your website:
- Understand your target audience – Understanding your target audience will help you create the content that appeals to them.
- Conduct keyword research – Keyword research helps you anticipate the words and phrases your target audience will likely use when searching.
- Use keywords naturally – When creating content, it is crucial to use keywords naturally. Do not compromise the readability of your content by overstuffing it with keywords.
2. Prioritize user experience
More than ever, search engines are focused on improving user experience. It is one of the reasons why they conduct regular updates to their algorithm.
Search engines like Google will prioritize websites that give users a worthwhile experience. Here are some aspects that make up a good user experience:
- Page layout: Ensure that your page is simple and easy to navigate. A user-friendly page layout is vital for a quality user experience.
- Mobile-friendliness: Google prioritizes websites that are both desktop and mobile-friendly. Having your website optimized for desktops only will limit the experience of mobile users.
- Content value: Users want to find answers to their search queries. They want to find engaging and valuable content. The more valuable content you provide, the more you boost your organic traffic.
3. Focus on your area of specialty
Search engines are all about providing their users with the most authoritative and accurate results to their search queries. For this reason, they prioritize websites that have carved out niches in certain specialties. These are websites that have become authorities in specific fields.
The content on your website should reflect and focus on your area of expertise. This is an excellent way to carve out a niche and establish yourself as an authority in that field. For instance, if you specialize in the financial service sector, your website content should be focused on that. There is no point mixing it with other unrelated content.
Honing into a particular specialty sets your website apart and pushes up the rank on the search engines. In the long run, this impacts your web presence.
4. Create blog posts consistently
A blog can be a source of constant traffic to your website. According to a Hubspot report, statistics show that companies with blogs produce an average of 67% more leads monthly than companies that don’t blog. Through blogging, you set yourself apart as an expert in your field.
For your blog to serve as a stream of traffic for your website, you must be creating blog posts regularly. Here are a few tips to help:
- Outline your blogging goals.
- Develop a consistent schedule for your blog.
- Research topics and create a timetable for each.
- Follow and execute your plan.
5. Optimize Your Website’s Load Time
Your website load time can hinder your traffic generation if it is slow. According to research by Google, 53% of visitors abandon a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
The loading speed of your website is a core ranking factor that Google takes seriously. Optimizing your website load speed is essential for quality ranking. Ultimately, it boosts your website traffic.
SEO remains one of the driving forces of organic traffic. One that you must pay attention to if you want to attract targeted traffic to your website. A steady influx of targeted traffic means consistent sales, engagements, and conversions.
Papaya Search is a leading agency specialized in all things SEO. With our cutting-edge search engine optimization services, you can rest assured that your website is on its way to improving rankings.
If you want to boost your search rankings and, by extension, website traffic, reach out. Schedule a Free Consultation Call